Required Auto Insurance in Michigan

When you own a vehicle in Michigan, there are specific types of auto insurance coverage that you’re required to have. You may also want to get additional coverage to protect you against a wider range of risks you run as a driver. In Michigan, it’s required that you get auto insurance before you can register your car or truck. When you need auto insurance, you can call Great Michigan Insurance in Marshall, MI to learn more about these policies. 

No-Fault Insurance in Michigan

Michigan is classified as a no-fault state when it comes to auto accidents. When you have an accident, your no-fault insurance will pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and funeral costs when needed. These expenses are covered no matter who was at fault in the accident. However, this type of insurance doesn’t cover your vehicle’s damages. You need to add extra coverage to have your own vehicle protected. The policy is required to have a certain amount of coverage for one injured person from an accident and another amount for everyone in the accident who was injured. It’s also required to have a small amount of property damage coverage.

Other Coverage

Property protection service pays for damage that your vehicle does to other property types. This includes buildings, fences, landscaping, etc. This coverage has a large amount of coverage and can pay for even serious damage that you do. Personal injury protection is another type of Michigan auto insurance. It pays for lost wages, medical bills, etc., for other people, such as your passengers. 

Get Auto Insurance in Michigan

If you’re a Michigan driver and need auto insurance or want to switch to a new policy, call us at Great Michigan Insurance in Marshall, MI.